SORRY SUCH A LATE REPLY TO THIS;;; Thanks anon!!! Were you at the con?? Hope you had a good time if you did!!
I think this is my best cosplay yet.
Hello!! Oh man, that’s such a huge compliment and relief to hear ;_; thank you so much for dropping by with such encouragement! I have this fear that I haven’t improved at all considering how comfortable I am with my art these days, but I’m really glad to hear these words from you. Thank you again!! <3
Thanks man!! OH I CERTAINLY ROCK AND/OR ROLLED IT!!
AH, OH….AHH… I’m a super amateur cosplayer so I’m not really the best person to go for cosplay advice… I kinda wing my makeup most of the time?! (don’t even ask me about sewing oh lord LOL I pretty much buy all my costumes when I can)
My cosplay makeup isn’t too different from my every day make up, I mean a lot of the characters I choose to cos don’t require a dramatic inhuman look!! Also, most products I buy for ‘solely cosplay purposes’ are usually available in pharmacies/chemists since I can’t justify spending heaps on makeup I use only a few times a year. I tend to choose brands like Maybelline and Rimmel because I know shit all about good make up and rely on affordable yet well-known brands LOL.
Here’s what I used for my Clay cosplay anyway:
- Avène Emollient cream moisturiser: honest to god, I don’t even know what its name really is there’s so much text on that bottle LOL. I have fairly sensitive skin so I can’t use most primers- this moisturiser is pretty thick and sticks on for quite a while. I use this as my base.
- UHU glue stick: oops this isn’t makeup but I use this to glue my wig ‘sideburns’ to my face because sometimes they just float awkwardly…
- Rimmel London Hazel Eyebrow pencil: Obviously I use this for drawing eyebrows when doing light haired characters, but I also use this for drawing on double eyelids for the more, uh, ‘ikemen’ characters, if you may.
- Daiso Nose Shadow: For contouring my cheek bones and nose to create sharper/harder/masculine features.
- Rimmel London Glam Eyes Liquid Liner: This is my favourite eyeliner I’ve ever used. If you’re not used to using the really fine brushes it might take a while to get used to, but I love how long this stuff stays on my face for (and it’s not even that hard to wash off!) I tend to draw very sharp, winged eyeliner which is very achievable thanks to the fineness of its brush.
- Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation: This is my everyday liquid foundation. I dab it over my lips when I cosplay male characters.
- Maybelline Super Stay concealer: To get rid of dark circles under my eyes and removing my BROWS….
- Stripling brush, contouring brush, concealer brush, foundation brush.
Always do makeup tests before the actual con!
And uh… idk there’s so many ways to go about cosplay tbh, it really boils down to what your tastes are because some people are more fussy than others in terms of accuracy and aesthetics?? Sometimes being more accurate to the character doesn’t actually look flattering on yourself, or sometimes you don’t even care so JUST DO WHAT YOU’RE COMFORTABLE AND WILL HAVE THE MOST FUN WITH!! ;) Choose characters you like/care about! Choose characters you think you’ll suit best! Choose characters you don’t suit but love anyway! DO WHATEVER YOU WANT and WALK WALK FASHION BABY ☆